Gilchrist Greater Living Geriatrics Practice (GGL) of the Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) is seeking geriatricians and/or geriatric minded internists and family practitioners who are inspired by the challenge of caring for the frail elderly and their families in various acute and post-acute care settings.
GGL is a group of 11 physicians, 16 nurse practitioners, and one social worker, employed by GBMC, a regional community teaching hospital in the northern Baltimore suburbs, to care for its aging and dying patients from the surrounding upscale community. The physicians are a mix of double and triple board certified geriatricians and palliative medicine physicians.
GGL provides Medical Direction and direct patient care at GBMC’s ACE inpatient unit and 24-bed sub-acute rehab unit, and in 20+ surrounding facilities, including ALF’s, SNF’s, NH/LTC facilities, CCRC’s, and the 34-bed inpatient hospice of Gilchrist Hospice Care. GGL has an active home and office-based primary care geriatrics practice. GGL also provides palliative medicine services to GBMC and selected facilities. If desired, candidates may participate in the education of medical residents and geriatric and hospice/palliative medicine fellows. Our group is looking for two or more physicians to enhance our capability to provide for the needs of our rapidly growing and successful practice.
The geriatricians are happy and committed to a style of practice that is
- Team oriented and very collegial
- Balanced and sustainable for the long-term
- Concerned about the quality of both work and non-work life
- Flexible in terms of work mix (e.g. office vs facility; ALF vs SNF; hospice vs geriatrics) and when hours are worked
- Reasonable in terms of coverage; and a nurse practitioner takes first telephone call during peak on-call times
- Well compensated: Excellent guaranteed salary and benefit package. Our geriatricians’ total earnings are in the top quartile in terms of MGMA compensation.
Join the leading geriatric medicine group in the northern Baltimore suburbs.
Contact Tara Holicky at email@example.com and 443-849-3165 or Joy Curbean-Johnson@firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-849-8333.